We are pleased to share that beginning this Sunday, June 28, 2020 - on a limited basis - faithful will be welcome to attend Divine Liturgy in person. We will continue to live stream services for the time being, for those more comfortable staying home or unable to attend.
We have been preparing to welcome our parishioners back to our sanctuary for church services, in accordance with directives and guidance from our Primate, Bishop Daniel Findikyan, and state and local officials. Our utmost priority is the safety and well-being of our parishioners.
If you are (or anyone in your household is) exhibiting any symptoms, medically vulnerable, or elderly, we ask you to forego attendance until risk subsides further.
We ask your full cooperation and patience in following the procedures summarized below:
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Face masks are required in the sanctuary and on the church grounds at all times.
- Entry will be through the main doors of the church only, where a Parish Council member will be checking in all parishioners. All other doors will be locked.
- A record will be maintained of all parishioners present.
- Use of hand sanitizer is required on entry and exit.
- Pews have been marked to ensure appropriate social distancing. Parish Council members will direct you to your pew.
- The Kiss of Peace will not be conducted in the traditional manner, but rather with distanced bowing of the head, and without the usual physical approach.
- Holy Communion will not be offered. Mas will be distributed at the end of services.
- Offering plates will not be passed, and will be located at the rear of the sanctuary upon exit.
- There will be no fellowship hour.
- Social distancing is to be observed on church property at all times.
Due to social distancing guidelines, seating capacity in our sanctuary is significantly reduced. Attendance will be by reservation only. To make a reservation, please fill out our online reservation form, or call the Church office at 617-923-8860. Reservations must be made by 3 pm on Friday.
Divine Liturgy will begin at 10:00 am. Doors will be open at 9:45 am to those who have reservations. As the service will continue to be livestreamed, please arrive on time to minimize disruption. All parishioners must be seated no later than 10:45 am.
Please honor your reservation. If you are unable to attend, please email email@example.com, even on Sunday mornings, so that we can seat others who are on the waiting list.
At the conclusion of church services, to facilitate social distancing, faithful will be dismissed by row and will be directed to exit down the stairs at the back of the sanctuary, and out the side door.
The church sanctuary will be open for candle lighting and prayers after the conclusion of church services, from 12:15 - 1 pm. Please note, there will be no seating available during this time.
We look forward to this phase of opening and thank you for your continued understanding, cooperation and patience. Please check back often for updates, which we will continue to provide on an ongoing basis, as conditions change. We hope that when it is safe for you personally to do so, that you and your family will attend Church to take part in the Divine Liturgy and in praise and thanksgiving to God. If you have any questions, please let us know.